the City Council decision
no. 1/4 of 19.02.2004
S T A T U TE
1. This statute governs the organization and functioning of public administration authorities of. Ungheni.
2. Ungheni extends on an area of 16, 43 km. p and has a population of over 40 000 inhabitants.
3. The first document of the city dates from August 20, 1462. The city is located at a distance of 105 km north western of the capital of Moldova and extending on a length of 9 km on the left bank of the Prut River. The land of the city are:
a) land in built-up area -1004 ha;
b) land for industry, transport and other destinations -224 ha;
c) -87 hectares of forest land;
d) -153 ha land water fund;
e) -175 hectares land reserve fund.
4. Ungheni is administered in accordance with Law no. 764 – XV of 27.12.2001 on administrative-territorial organization of Moldova, Law no. 123 – XV of 18.03.2003 on the local government and this Statute.
5. The City Hall is a legal entity, has, by law, the assets, financial autonomy, has the right of initiative in managing local public interests, the administrative territorial limits established.
6. The city government is based on the principles of local autonomy, decentralization of public services, eligibility of local authorities and public consultation on local matters of interest.
7. Powers vested in public authorities of the city are full and complete They can not be denied or limited by a higher authority , only by the law.
8. The city authorities of the local public administration are : the city council as a representative authority, the city hall and the mayor as executive authorities.
9. City council and the mayor are elected under the Election Code. City Council is composed of 27 councilors.
10. Individuals and businesses in the territory are obliged to provide to the city authority information within their competence.
11. The composition, formation, powers and functioning of the city COUNCIL are governed by the Law on Local Public Administration and by the l Regulation on UngheniTown council operation.
12. The heads of the divisions , services and heads of the subordinated municipal enterprises are designated by the Town Council according to the mayor’s proposal.
13. The Town Council dismisses according to the law the deputy mayors and the secretary of the Council, other persons designated by the Council.
14. Develops and approves studies, forecasts and social economic and other development programs.
15. Develops and approves prices for rent, utilities for other services provided to individuals and legal persons by the municipal household units.
16. Set the volume and the use of capital investment from the city budget.
17. Provides protection of the historical area of the city, establishes sanitary protection zones.
18. Decides to establish collaborations, cooperation, including cross border, and the twinning with cities abroad.
19. The City hall is the mayor’s working machinery.
20. The Town Hall competencies, responsibilities and its activity are established by the Law on local public administration and City Council.
21. The City Hall performs operative management of local public affairs.
22. The Town Hall employees are civil servants according to the provisions of the civil service law
23. Confirmation of the legality of the election mandate mayor and validation are under the Election Code.
24. Mayor, as a representative authority of the population and an executive authority of the City Council, is an official person responsible for administering the territory, represents the city in court and in relations with individuals and legal entities:
a) ensures the execution of the Parliament Laws and Decrees, the decrees of the President of the Republic of Moldova, decisions and orders of the Government, decisions of the Town Council and of the District Council ;
b) prescribe regulations and special conditions of work, education, of population movement and traffic in the town area in case of calamities, disasters, epidemics and involves the enterprises, institutions and organizations regardless on their departmental affiliation and the type of the ownership, to execute the works on prevention and liquidation of the disasters consequences, from the local budget expenses;
c) directs capital construction objects of socio-cultural and communal facilities, engineering supply lines of the city with drinking water and sanitary, electricity, heating, sewerage, telecommunications and gas;
d) issues orders on the commissioning of objects, regardless of their departmental affiliation and ownership;
e) regulates the conditions of the real estate of the town in accordance with the land legislation;
f) presents to the City Council annually and whenever is necessary reports on the socio-economic situation of the city;
g) undertake actions for environmental protection in accordance with central authorities, ensure the application of the economic mechanism and rational use of natural resources;
h) directs the institutions financed from the city budget and ensures creation of their technical-material base;
i) takes measures of social protection and grants special funds to help certain categories of people;
j) coordinates with the labor force office the development program on employment and creating specialized jobs for the disabled;
k) provides social protection to people affected by unemployment, participating in the creation of new jobs economic units;
l) submits proposals to regulate migration processes of the population;
m) recommends the Local Council to award the title of honorary citizen of the city to individuals with distinguished merits both from Moldova or from abroad.
25. In case of violation of legal provisions Mayor’s orders may be appealed under the law.
26. City Council may hold local public services, according to the specific and local needs, according to the law and within available funds.
27. Public services are vested with powers to own and enjoy some independence in the execution of decisions made by central authorities and municipal government authorities. They are accountable to these bodies for the execution of their respective services.
28. For execution of duties, the services have their professionals.
29. Regulation or the status of the public services is approved under the law, by the City Council.
HERITAGE, THE ECONOMY AND FINANCE
30. The economic base of the town hall is the city heritage, which serves as the source of the income and meeting the social and economic needs of the population.
31. City Heritage is a part of public property and consists of movable and immovable property managed by the city’s government, enterprises, institutions and state organizations in the territory, which directly meet people’s needs, including housing fund, building fund with destination other than for housing, the household goods and communal enterprises, enterprises of heat transport, urban transport, schools, culture, trade items, catering, provision of services, fixed assets of postal services; of the financial resources, including budgetary and extra budgetary resources and other; as well as of goods made or purchased by the city government of the resources belonging to them, etc..
32. City Council has the right of owner of the city heritage.
33. The City Hall has right of possession, use and management of city property, in accordance with law and City Council decisions.
34. Public authorities of the city leads, together with specialized regional bodies, branches of national economy of the territory under joint economic methods of territorial administration and of the direct state regulation of economic and other activities .
35. City’s financial resources consist of budgetary resources, extra budget and other resources.
36. The extra budget resources of the City hall are formed and used in accordance with the law on public finances.
37. Decisions and laws of local government of the city are required for all individuals and legal entities who live or work in the city.
38. The counselors, mayor and public servants of the City Hall are responsible for the abuse, in accordance with the law.
39. Disputes arising in public administration activities of the city are settled in court or arbitration.
40. The apparatus of city government authorities can not be formed and can not enable organizations of parties and social-political movements.
41. Ungheni Statute enters into force on the date of its approval by the City Council.
Secretary of Town Council Petru LANGA
prin decizia Consiliului orăşenesc
nr. 1/4 din 19.02.2004
PERSONAL INFORMATION :
Masters higher education
2011 – present, Academy of Public Administration, specialty „Management”
1998-2002 – University “Valahia”, Faculty of Law “Yolanda Eminescu”, Public Administration Specialty, Romania, Targoviste Municipality
High school education:
1995-1998 – High School “A. Mateevici “, Causeni
1986-1995 – Secondary school in the village of Baccealia,Causeni district
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE :
– 10.05.2004 – 02.01.2006 – Coordinator -Specialist- lawyer of Ungheni Territorial Treasury within the Ministry of Finance;
– 03.01.2006 – 09.05.2006 – Main specialist –lawyer of Ungheni Territorial Treasury within the Ministry of Finance;
– 10.05.2006 – 31.03.2010 – Consultant, of Ungheni Territorial Treasury within the Ministry of Finance;
– 01.04.2010 – present – Superior –Consultant, of Ungheni Territorial Treasury within the Ministry of Finance;
– july 2010 – September 2010 – Chairman of Ungheni District Circumscription Election Council No.35;
– October 2010 –November 2010 – deputry chairman of Ungheni District Circumscription Election Council No.35;
-June 2011 –April 2012,District councillor, Ungheni District Councili
– April 2012 – present, deputy mayor , Ungheni City Hall
PERSONAL SKILLS :
French – Medium level
Russian – advanced level
Artistic skills and competences:
Social skills and competences:
Responsibility, initiative, loyalty
team work capacity
Rapid familiarization with the new changes of the environment
Other skills and competences:
Computer – Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet, E-mail.
Sister City Agreement between Ungheni and Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA – signed on September 27, 2000
Activities provided in the agreement
1. Exchange of experience in the field of free market economy
2. Exchange of information about the history and culture of both cities.
3. Participation in economic and cultural events
4. Exchange of delegations from both cities
2000-2001 – mutual documentation visits of business people, representatives of local governments fromWinston-Salemand Ungheni
2003 – Population ofWinston-Salemdonated and distributed 30 wheelchairs for disabled beneficiaries from Ungheni city and district.
Every year since 2006, students artworks of Ungheni Fine Arts School are sent to Winston –Salemfor participation in the young artist showcase organized inWinston-Salem. The best artworks are sent toWashingtonto the exhibition with the same name which is held annually in April.
2007 – Decorative and artworks have been sent to Winston Salem for “Winston-Salem Sister Cities Gallery” in order to promote Moldovan customs and traditions.
Sister City agreement between Reghin municipality, Mures county, Romania and Ungheni City Hall signed on September 16, 2006
Activities stipulated in the Agreement
- Development and promotion of trade and economic exchange
- Organization of economic missions
- Exchange of information about the history, culture and traditions of the two cities.
- Participation in educational, cultural and sport events.
- Experience exchange between educational institutions.
- Sharing experience and information on environment protection
- Exchange of students during the summer vacation
- Visits of delegations, representatives of local authorities and city councils of both cities.
Carried out activities
- Book Donation to Ungheni “Ion Creanga” High School from “Lucian Blaga” High School, Reghin – April 2007
- Visit of a group of students from Reghin during the summer holidays 2006 at the “Harmony Plus” camp
- Participation of a group of persons from Reghin in the Regional Economic Investment Forum, held in Ungheni in October 2009
- Mutual visits of representatives of local authorities and city councils at the cities days – 2007, 2008, 2009.2010, 2011
- Participation of Romanian folk song and dance group “Doina Muresului” from Reghin in the International Music and Dance Festival “Hora dela Prut” held in Ungheni in May 2011.